Mobile Credential FAQ’s
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the primary differences in Mobile Credential for Apple /iOS and Android users?
- How do I use my phone at the reader?
- Can I make a GOCard deposit through the eAccounts app?
- Where can I find the 16 digit card number, used for purchases?
- Where can I find my UID number?
- Who is eligible for the Mobile Credential?
Accessing Your Account
- How can I change my Georgetown password or set up my NetID login?
- Do I still need my physical GOCard?
- Can I still use my physical GOCard once I have created my mobile credential?
- Why can’t I double-tap the side button with my phone locked to see my balances in Apple Pay?
- Can I use Mobile Credential if my phone’s battery is dead?
- How do I access my GOCard in Apple Wallet on an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus?
Setting Up Your Device
- How do I check my iPhone device version?
- How do I check my Apple Watch device and/or software version?
- How do I enable Wrist Detection on the Apple Watch?
- I have questions about my Apple ID or iCloud?
- I already have the eAccounts app installed. Do I need to update?
- How do I update the eAccounts mobile app?
- How many Apple devices can I add?
Managing Your Account
- Do I need to reactivate my devices each term?
- What if I am away from campus for the semester and I don’t want my GOCard on my device? Can I delete and re-add it later?
- Can I delete my GOCard from my phone or Apple Watch through the eAccounts app?
- Why are my account balances not displayed?
- My balance is different on my device than in eAccounts?
- How do I update information on my GOCard?
- Why do I have a negative balance on my GOCard/Dining Dollar account?
- I used my credit card at a participating retail location when I meant to use my GOCard. What can I do to correct my payment source?
- I am graduating or leaving the University. What happens to my Mobile Credential?
Securing Your Account
- What should I do if I lose my card or device?
- How do I reactivate my credential if I find my lost device?
- I suspect there has been fraudulent use of my credential. What do I do?