The Georgetown University GOCard is your Georgetown One Card and is your one card solution on and off campus. Sure, it is your official ID card, but it also has great added conveniences guaranteed to make your life easier! Please review all the great benefits this card offers.
What is the best way to make a deposit onto the GOCard debit account? The best way is to use Online card office site. By using this website, you can add funds to your GOCard account, check your GOCard balance and view your recent transactions. Your parents can even add funds through the “Guest Deposit” option. The funds will be available as soon as you obtain your GOCard. Your account will be credited and ready for you to use when you receive your GOCard.
What is the average deposit made to the GOCard debit account? Below please find our recommendations on how much money to deposit to your GOCard per semester. Please be advised that the actual usage will vary by individual.
Suggested deposits per semester:
- $500 - $700 - Books
- $100 - $150 - Supplies
- $0 - Laundry/Photocopies/Printing - Residential Living is adding an allocation to cover these costs**
- $150 - $200 - Off Campus Dining
- $200 - $250 - On Campus Dining (if not on a meal plan)
** Find details about Residential Living allocation: https://residentialliving.georgetown.edu/howtohilltop
PNC Bank has now partnered with GOCard! This means if you have a PNC Bank account you can use your GOCard as your PNC debit card and your GOCard acts as a PNC ATM card. By linking your PNC Bank account to your GOCard you can use your Georgetown One Card for many of the PNC debit card services. There's no cost for this service and you get the convenience of carrying one card around campus. More information
There you have it! Some big features on a little card! If you still have any questions, please feel free to contact the GOCard office at 202-687-2700 and we will be happy to assist you.
We hope to make it easy for you to manage your GOCard whether you are here on campus or away. In this section we will direct you through creating your first GOCard, show you how easy it is to deposit funds to your Debit Account, provide the necessary disclosure statement, and lastly when you have completed your stay with GU, information on closing your Account.
- What if my GOCard is lost or stolen?
- Will I be charged for a replacement card?
- Can I make a cash withdrawal from my GOCard Debit Account?
- Does a regular credit card make more sense than a GOCard Debit Account?
- How can I check my student's account or account balance?
- How can I make deposits to my GOCard Account?
- What do I do if I think my balance is incorrect?
- How do I take care of the GOCard?
- What are the photo requirements for GOCard submission?
- Who is required to wear the GUMC GOCard as an ID badge and where?