Getting Your New GOCard
In order to get a GOCard (GU identification card), you must have an active affiliation with the University. All active Georgetown faculty, staff, students, MedStar residents, and sponsored affiliates (SUAs) are eligible for a GOCard. Depending your affiliation, you’ll receive either a physical GOCard or Mobile GOCard.
Note: Students can only have one GOCard. Therefore, if you already have a Mobile GOCard, you cannot also have a physical GOCard, and if you are required to have a physical GOCard, you can’t also have a Mobile GOCard.
Before You Begin
Before you can obtain a GOCard, you’ll need the following:
- Your NetID
- Temporary password
- Enroll in and set up Duo two-factor authentication
- Enroll in the GU online password management system, Password Station
Note: You should have received an email with your NetID and temporary password. (If you don’t see the email, check your Spam folder.)
- Alumni do not get a GOCard.
- Non-credit students do not require and do not receive a GOCard, unless the sponsoring department requires them and provides funding.
- Consortium students do not require and do not receive a GOCard, unless the sponsoring department requires them and provides funding.
Submitting Your Photo for GOCard
- Enroll in and set up Duo two-factor authentication.
- Enroll in Password Station, the GU online password management system.
- In Password Station, change your temporary password to a permanent password.
- Submit a photo for your new GOCard by performing either of the following: (Note: Please review our GOCard photo submission requirements before you submit your photo.)
- Log in to the GU360 site with your NetID and password. (Note: Make sure to have your mobile device with you to approve the Duo authentication notification.) In GU360, click on GOCard Photo Upload, and then follow the prompts to upload your photo.
- Install the GU360 app from the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android), log in to GU360, click on GOCard Photo Upload, and then follow the prompts to upload your photo.
Photos are generally approved within two business days.
Getting Mobile GOCard? Download the eAccounts app on your mobile device after you’ve submitted your photo.
Obtaining your GOCard
Once you receive the email notification that your photo has been accepted, you’ll be able to set up Mobile GOCard or pick up your physical GOCard.
- To obtain your Mobile GOCard, do the following:
1. Claim your Mobile GOCard by opening the eAccounts app and then tapping Claim Your Mobile ID.
2. Perform the Mobile GOCard setup instructions for iPhone and Apple Watch or the Mobile GOCard setup instructions for Android.
- To obtain your physical GOCard, make an appointment to pick up your card at the GOCard Office at your campus. Click here for GOCard Office locations.