Setting up Mobile GOCard for Android
- At this time, only Main Campus students, Law Center, and School of Continuing Studies (SCS) (Downtown campus) students receive Mobile GOCard.
- School of Medicine, School of Nursing and Health Studies (NHS), and Biomedical Graduate Education (BGE) students, and most faculty and staff areas, still have readers that require swipe card access. As a result, these populations currently are not yet eligible for Mobile GOCard.
- Click here to view the full list of who is eligible to receive Mobile GOCard.
NFC needs to be available on your phone and active for GOCard Mobile Credential. If you are not sure if your phone has NFC and if it is enabled, go to your Settings menu and look for NFC; it may be under Connected Devices> Connection Settings on some phones. (If you cannot find it, use the search option on the top right to double check.) Once you find it, toggle the setting to On.
1. Open Google Pay.
(Note: If you’re newly arriving in the US and are experiencing a country or region error, refer to the Google support articles “Change your home or billing address” and “Change your Google Play country” for instructions on updating your information while you’re studying at Georgetown.)
2. Make sure it is enabled as well. If you do not have Google Pay on your phone, you can download it free in the Play Store. If the app prompts you to add a credit card, you can bypass that screen and return to the Google Pay home screen.
3. Open the Play Store (again, if you installed Google Pay), search for the eAccounts app and then install it on your Android device.
4. Open eAccounts, click through the startup prompts, and then tap Get Started.
5. Find Georgetown University and then continue to the GOCard login screen.
6. Log in with your Georgetown credentials and enter your NetID Login to authenticate your device. If you do not have your NetID Login, please see the link above for further instructions.
7. Once you have successfully authenticated, you will see your Mobile GOCard accounts (Debit$, Flex$, Printing & Laundry funds and dining plans), along with any related transaction history.
8. Click Add to GPay.
Using Mobile GOCard on Android
- You do not need to unlock your phone, but the screen must be awake to use your GOCard. Tap the power button to wake the screen and hold the middle of the phone near the top of the reader.
- To display your GOCard, open the eAccounts app and click your photo in the top left corner.
- You can add money to your GOCard account using the eAccounts app.