What is GOCard?
It’s your Georgetown One Card.
It’s the official identification card of Georgetown University, and much more! It’s the way to pay for your purchases on and off campus. The GOCard simplifies campus life.
Use your GOCard to buy books, food, supplies, entry into the dining hall and even do your laundry. Your GOCard will also allow you access into academic buildings and residence halls.
At Georgetown, it’s the only card you’ll need.
Use the Online card office to add funds to your GOCard account, check your GOCard balance and view your recent transactions. Your parents can even add funds through the “Guest Deposit” option. The funds will be available as soon as you obtain your GOCard. Your account will be credited and ready for you to use when you receive your GOCard. What is the average deposit made to the GOCard debit account? Below please find our recommendations on how much money to deposit to your GOCard per semester. Please be advised that the actual usage will vary by individual.
Suggested deposits per semester:
- $500 – $700 – Books
- $100 – $150 – Supplies
- $0 – Laundry/Photocopies/Printing – Residential Living is adding an allocation to cover these costs**
- $150 – $200 – Off Campus Dining
- $200 – $250 – On Campus Dining (if not on a meal plan)
** Find details about Residential Living allocation
PNC Bank has now partnered with GOCard! This means if you have a PNC Bank account you can use your GOCard as your PNC debit card and your GOCard acts as a PNC ATM card. By linking your PNC Bank account to your GOCard you can use your Georgetown One Card for many of the PNC debit card services. There’s no cost for this service and you get the convenience of carrying one card around campus. More information
There you have it! Some big features on a little card! If you still have any questions, please feel free to contact the GOCard office at 202-687-2700 and we will be happy to assist you.
We hope to make it easy for you to manage your GOCard whether you are here on campus or away. In this section we will direct you through creating your first GOCard, show you how easy it is to deposit funds to your Debit Account, provide the necessary disclosure statement, and lastly when you have completed your stay with GU, information on closing your Account.
You can find the GOCard components here: https://gocard.georgetown.edu/Components-GOCard
GOCard Mission Statement:
- It is the mission of the Georgetown One Card (GOCard) office to provide a single secure identity and credentials for identification and campus services.
- We strive to provide trustworthy, courteous, timely, and effective service to the Georgetown University community.
- It is our goal to minimize expenses and maximize revenue across the university by creating efficiency for campus transactions.
- We continue to deploy new locations and expand use of GOCard through improved technology and innovation.